NOTE: We are now on hiatus and not accepting any new articles.
Return Of Kings is looking for original articles between 700-1,100 words to complement its in-house writers.
1. Understand the type of writing we publish. Browse through our recent posts and also our about page to get a feeling for our general viewpoint.
2. We pay you $5 in Litecoin cryptocurrency for every article. Read more details about our payment structure by clicking here.
3. Avoid submitting an article that is too similar to one we already published. Use the search engine on the right sidebar towards the bottom to check what has already been written on your topic.
4. You grant us a perpetual license to your submission while you retain the original copyright. We may also distribute your article in email newsletters, social media, or other compilations (see submission agreement below).
5. Articles can not be taken down. We can not honor requests to remove an article after it has been published.
Can I later publish my submission on other sites?
Yes, as long as you link back to the original that is published here. This is so Google doesn’t think we’re stealing content from other sources.
Can I submit an article that has been published elsewhere?
No, we only accept original writing.
How long can my submission be?
We accept articles in the range of 700-1100 words. We cannot make exceptions at this time for new contributors.
Can I use this article as a way to promote my other work?
You can use the biographical box to link to your blog, Twitter, or Facebook. You are also allowed one contextual link within the article itself to relevant external articles and blog posts on sites you own (but not sales, product, or squeeze pages). If you are in need of more self-promotion or referral traffic, consider a sponsored post.
Can I submit an idea to you first?
We accept either final draft submissions or the first paragraph of an article you intend to write. If we like your first paragraph submission, we’ll ask for the entire article before giving final approval. We don’t accept ideas.
Do I get paid for my submission?
No, only our weekly columnists receive compensation for their writing.
Can I become a weekly columnist writer?
We currently do not have any paying positions. If we’ve published at least five of your articles, you can instead add a promotional line at the end of your new articles that link to an external site you operate. See the bottom of this article for an example.
Can I write under an anonymous name?
Yes you can write under a pen name, but you must include both a first and last name. We no longer accept submissions from nicknames like BigButt69 or GrimReaper4Ever. Your pen name must sound normal.