The following post was sponsored by BADNET
It seems like every article you read lately is about how you will fail at blogging if you’re a newbie.
Is that true? Will you fail because you’re “new” to blogging?
No, no, no, no, no, damn it no.
Being new only means that you’re new. It doesn’t mean that you’re stupid and worthless and can’t write a blog.
It just means that you’re new. Everyone was new until they became a seasoned veteran.
The new people had to work to become experts, so that’s what they did. They worked their way from “new” to “professional.”
Listen, a blog isn’t a piece of magic, it’s a piece of media. It’s a craft that takes work to get good at. It’s a skill that can be learned by anyone with a brain.
If you put in the time to make it work then it’s going to work.
How will you fail?
- If you don’t try.
- If you quit at the first sign of adversity.
- If you have nothing to say.
- If you’re a nobody pretending to be a somebody.
- If you don’t help people.
- If you don’t have something unique to offer.
- If you’re a complete dipshit (but then you’ll fail at everything else as well).
How will you succeed?
- Pick the opposite of any one of the above.
- Don’t quit, don’t give up.
- Supply a demand.
- Remember that it’s a business and not a fun little hobby.
- Follow your obsession, not your passion.
- Don’t listen to anyone who says you can’t do it (prove it to them years later that you can and did do it, laugh if you want).
The myth: Only lucky people can make money from a blog by being lucky enough to start blog and work on it long enough to make it good.
The reality: It’s not luck that makes successful bloggers money, it’s effort.
Put in simple terms, it’s really easy to understand…
- If your voice sounds good to other people then they will like it and you will succeed.
- If your voice sounds like the same ol’ regurgitation then you will fail.
And it’s that damn simple.
Listen, everybody was a newbie before they were an expert. You have to start somewhere. Starting something makes you new at it. It doesn’t mean you’re going to fail, it means you need to learn to do it well.
Being new isn’t a recipe for failure. Being new doesn’t mean you’re a dumb, desperate, lowlife loser with a little dick—it just means that you’re new. It just means that you need to learn.
If you want to be a respected, authentic, well-paid blogger all you have to do is put in the time and learn to do it well.
So start learning.
We promise to teach if you promise to learn, and it’s as simple as that.