6 Reasons Why Jersey Shore Was Good For American Culture
Was Jersey Shore really that bad? Sure there were some douche bag moments, too many faked binge drinking events, and a graphic tee outburst, but the positives must also be accounted for. Here are a few great benefits that emerged from The Jersey Shore:
1. Fitness. Thanks to the Jersey Shore the idea of GTL came into the main stream. As lame as it sounds it’s a pretty good philosophy, especially starting with the G. While they focused on working out to get ladies, the overall benefit to lifting is greatly beneficial to the health of society.
2. Style Improvement. While some would deem their attire as repulsive and low class, if you initially grew up in a small town like myself, their style was a huge improvement. They even wore a different outfit every night instead of recycling the same three t-shirts every week.
3. Dance Moves for White People. If you’re anything like me, you can’t dance to save your life. Thanks to Jersey Shore there was the fist pump which for the first time since disco allowed us all to have a go to move that was acceptable. Like disco this died just as quick, but hey it was worth it while it lasted.
4. Game Tips From Your Own Living Room: Usually when you’re trying to learn about game you have to read some books, go out in public, get rejected, and watch other men swoop in on the chicks you desire. Thanks to Jersey Shore, you could learn a significant amount without ever leaving your parents’ basement. I’m not saying it was the best game to watch, and actually the bad game probably helped you out the most. But the fact still remain: true game was represented in its entirety, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the grenade.
5. Fun Phrases, Code Word’s and Moves: Who didn’t enjoy calling an ugly girl a “grenade” or a “landmine”? It was just plain old good fun. It was also always a good time to tell your friends you “have a situation” for a potential group of girls. And lastly who could forget the spin move, helping attractive men dodge cock-blocking females everywhere.
6. Wingman: This last but not least point is probably the best exposure from the show. It helped many people realize what the pros already knew, that if you have a good wingman, you’ll get more women. Sure it exposed our strategy to women, but who are we kidding to think they didn’t already know we used it? At least with the help of the show men could learn how to be a bad wingman, like Situation, or how to be a good wingman, like Vinny.
In the end, as stupid and pointless as the show was, it brought out many good points, especially when it comes to improving your game. And I think a lot of sorry fellows are better with women because of it.
Read Next: All Girls Like Muscular GuysTweet Follow @returnofkings