I live in Austin, Texas, the most overrated city on the planet, and although I would not care to hang out with Mr. Romeo Rose, I wanted to write about his plight.
Not sure who Romeo Rose is? You must not plugged in to the awesome (sarc) Austin social media scene. Fortunately, I’m not either, so I found out about him from a friend who wastes too much time on social media.
Apparently, Mr. Rose was a local wanna-be musician and part-time wedding photographer who, according to an Austin grrrl power reporterette, calls his awful guitar “the most beautiful guitar in the universe.” Any musician who would say such a thing without prefacing it “after the Frankenstrat or Jimi’s Fender” is indeed a clown. He’s also allegedly a 9/11 troofer. Not exactly the kind of guy I would want to party with. There were also other allegations involving the man, but I am leaving those out because I could not find better substantiation of the claims (granted, I wasn’t about to spend hours looking this up).
Mr. Rose “rose” to prominence recently after he posted a website seeking his ideal Mrs. Right at SleeplessInAustin.com. He is so sleepless that he’s even offering a finder’s fee to anybody who can help him find a girl. On the site he included a list comprising thirty-nine paragraphs of what the future Juliet should be to this Romeo. And what is he looking for? Let me quote him (sic throughout):
- “I want the girl to be attractive.”
- “I like girls that are thin, or with a toned or athletic build. . . . I will not date a overweight or fat girl.”
- “I also like girls with long hair. I like a girl to look like a girl, not a man, I like a feminine, pretty girl.”
- “I will not date a girl that does not have a job or career.”
- “I do not like tattoos on a woman.”
- “I do not like glasses on a girl.”
- “I do not like strippers! I will not date any girl that has ever been a stripper.”
- “I will not date any girl that has ever had a threesome, or a large number of past sexual partners. I do not want a promiscuous slut.”
- “I will not date any girl that can not always be honest & faithful to me.”
- “I prefer a woman that has never had children.”
OK, so it sounds like he isn’t looking for Eva Angelina. I can understand that; he prefers redheads, so… well, I can’t think of the names of any redheaded chicks right now, so this wise-ass comment just died.
But, as a man, I can completely understand where he is coming from. Who among us wants to date a fatty? Who among us wants a girl who looks like a man or even a post-op tranny? Do you want to date a fug? Are lazy, unemployed, skanky, slutty, tatted-up strippers your cup of tea for a long-term relationship? Hell, no!
So why am I even discussing this guy? Well, he included this item:
- “I will not date a Black girl. I don’t care if she looks like Halle Berry, I will not ever date a Black girl.”
OK, so this was a “d00d WTF were you thinking???” moment, mainly because I still dig Vanessa Williams, but if that is the way he feels, well, to each his own.
But his list and final point listed above opened the floodgates of h8red from the haters in the Cathedral.
The harridans at Jezebel unloaded on him.
So did the chicks at Salon.
And the “men” at Gawker.
Then the Huffington Post joined the fray, and even arranged an interview between Mr. Rose and Ms. Caitlyn Becker, their not-exactly-svelte reporter.
The Cathedral pounced like an angry animal as soon as they had the chance to scream RACIST! at Mr. Rose. Within a few days of this man’s rather silly and innocuous website going live he went from a local with a clownish reputation to the latest example of the RACIST AmeriKKKan patriarchy.
Now, before I proceed, I’d like to ask a few questions of Ms. Becker:
- Would you date a guy shorter than you?
- What about a guy who does not earn over $100,000 per year?
- What about a guy with an educational background not as “stellar” as yours?
Yup, just what I thought. No, no and no.
The entire Romeo Rose affair isn’t about the media calling out a fool who made bigoted comments. Instead, it’s another obnoxious display of the double-standard employed by wimmin regarding preferences in a partner. I’m sure Ms. Becker, the women at Jizzabel, the women at Salon, and (most likely) the “men” at Gawker all have their list of 300+ firm requirements in a man. And a good portion of these will be related to looks. Meanwhile, a local goofball has now become a national whipping boy for daring to list in thirty-nine paragraphs what he’d like to see in a woman.
How dare he have standards!
But I will leave Mr. Rose with one piece of advice: you won’t find your Juliet in Austin. Not in a town where the feminists and their manboob allies would rather have mob rule than a democratic process adhering to procedural rules.
Maybe Verona, Italy would be a better place to start looking.
Read More: British Author Hates American Women